Local Protect the NHS campaigners could use some help with attending Kirklees NHS and Council meetings, and asking questions.
This is really the only way to find out about and question what’s going on in this area with NHS and social care cuts, privatisation and redisorganisation..
A word of warning – here be dragons!
The 2012 Health and Social Care Act snarled up lines of decision making and reduced democratic accountability about the provision of NHS, social care and public health services. Almost certainly not by accident.
So there are loads of different committees – often with more or less the same membership – meeting all over the place. This is not only maddeningly inefficient but makes it really hard to find out where the buck stops.
(Another reason why we need the NHS Reinstatement Bill.)
Plus, papers and discussions (such as they are) take place in jargon that needs decoding before any sense can be made. (This might help )
These are the meetings that Kirklees Protect the NHS campaigners try and attend regularly (and could use some help with more people attending)
NHS organisations’ meetings:
- N Kirklees and Greater Huddersfield Clinical Commissioning Group Governing Bodies (meeting together)
- West Yorkshire and Harrogate Integrated Care System (aka Health and Care) Joint Clinical Committee meetings
- CHFT NHS Hospital Foundation Trust Board and Mid Yorks Hospital Trust Board
Kirklees Council-based meetings:
- Full Council Meetings,
- Council Cabinet Meetings,
- Health and Overview Scrutiny Committee meetings (Kirklees Health and Social care Scrutiny Committee AND Calderdale and Kirklees Joint Health Scrutiny Committee)
- Health and Wellbeing Board meetings
If you’d like to attend some of these meetings with local campaigners, or would like more information, please let us know in the contact form below or by email.